Everything You Need to Know About Form G-1450

Everything You Need to Know About Form G-1450

Form G-1450 allows you to pay for your immigration forms with a credit card instead of a money order or personal check. 

Many immigration form fees are expensive. Paying for everything up front/all at once has historically been a constraint for some people. But now anyone can pay for immigration forms easily with a credit card.

What Is Form G-1450?

Form G-1450 is the U.S. Citizenship and Immigrations Services (USCIS) credit card form that can be used to pay for your immigration application, petition, or request. 

As of March 2022, USCIS has now expanded its credit card payment pilot program. You can now pay for immigration forms with your credit card using the G-1450 USCIS form. 

All USCIS service centers now accept this form: California, Nebraska, Texas, and Vermont. Since this is a pilot program, USCIS is still evaluating its effectiveness. 

What Immigration Forms Can You Use Form G-1450 With?

Since the pilot program started, you can now pay for nearly all immigration forms via credit card. The exception is for H-1B and H-2A petitions, as you cannot pay for Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, with Form G-1450. 

Click here for a full list of immigration forms

Your immigration attorney at Scott D. Pollock & Associates, P.C. can help you with all of your immigration needs. We can help you fill out your forms and submit them with your Form I-1450. 

Who Can Use Form G-1450?

Anyone who is filling out an immigration application, petition, or request can use Form G-1450 to pay the filing fee except those who are petitioning for H-1B and H-2A visas. 

The H-1B visa is for specialty occupations, Department of Defense (DOD) cooperative research and development project workers, and fashion models. The H-2A visa is for temporary agricultural workers

If you have questions about your eligibility for filing Form G-1450 along with your immigration forms, ask your immigration attorney for guidance and clarification.

How to Fill Out Form G-1450

Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions, is a single page USCIS document. It asks for your:

  • First, middle, and last names and your credit card holder’s name (how your name is printed on the card) 
  • Credit card billing information
  • Phone number
  • Email address
  • Credit card number
  • Credit card type
  • Payment amount

Make sure to fill out your Form G-1450 with black ink. It’s important to both print clearly and sign your form.

USCIS Credit Card Payment Types

To pay for your USCIS immigration form, you must use one of the following types of credit cards:

  • American Express
  • Discover
  • MasterCard
  • Visa

You must have enough money available on your credit card for the transfer to go through. USCIS will only attempt to process your credit card information placed on Form G-1450 once. That means that if the correct funds are not available, whichever immigration form you’re filing for will be rejected. 

Additionally, the credit card you use for your Form G-1450 must be issued by a U.S. bank, as stated by USCIS. 

Form G-1450 Rejection and Denied Payment

Unfortunately, USCIS only processes payments once. If your payment is denied, they will not run your card again and USCIS will send you a rejection notice.

If you receive a USCIS payment declined notice or you encounter any other G-1450 issues, talk to your immigration attorney for next steps in submitting your application.

Paying With a G-1450 Form: Using Multiple Cards

Even though you are not allowed to pay for multiple immigration applications with one Form G-1450, you are allowed to pay for a single application/request/petition with multiple cards.

To do so, you will need to fill out separate G-1450 forms for each credit card with the amount you would like USCIS to charge that card. 

Here’s an example: You are filing for a green card for siblings using Form I-130. The fee is $535. Say you have an American Express card and a Discover card that you would like to use to file your petition. You will fill out one Form G-1450 with your American Express card information and list the amount as $300. You will then fill out a second Form G-1450 with your Discover card information and list the amount as $235. The two amounts must add up to the correct immigration fee amount—in this example, $535.

Turning in Your G-1450 Form

After you have filled out Form G-1450, place it on top of your immigration paperwork so it is the first document USCIS will see.

Where to Turn in Form G-1450

You will need to send your Form G-1450 with your immigration application. Send it to the direct filing address where your specific immigration form needs to be sent. 

Immigration forms and supporting documents have their own USCIS address depending on which form you file and on the method of delivery (U.S. Postal Service, FedEx, etc.).

Make sure you are sending your G-1450, along with all immigration and supporting documents, to the correct USCIS direct filing address. 

For help submitting and mailing your immigration documents, contact your immigration lawyer. It’s helpful to have knowledgeable input to ensure that your documents are in the correct order and that everything is included in the application. 

G-1450 Form Costs

The actual Form G-1450 does not cost anything to submit. You will just pay the price of the immigration form you are petitioning/applying for and the biometrics fee if necessary.

Form G-1450 Processing Time 

There is no specific processing time for your G-1450 form. Your credit card will be charged when USCIS processes whichever application, petition, or request you sent them. Each form has a different USCIS processing time history

You can, however, check your case status on the USCIS website

Form G-1450 FAQs

Is Form G-1450 for Debit Card Payments, Too?

Yes! You can pay with your debit card using form G-1450. Fill out Form G-1450 just as you would with your credit card. 

Do I Use the G-1450 Form for Online Filing?

You can pay for certain immigration forms, like Form I-130, online with a debit or credit card, but you will not need to use Form G-1450 to do so. 

When you file your immigration form online, the payment will be the last step, after you agree to the application statement. You can pay with your debit card, credit card, or directly from your checking or savings account.

You need to fill out the information required, then click continue to submit your payment.

The USCIS website has a list of the forms you may submit through online filing.

Can I Pay for Multiple Immigration Forms?

You are not allowed to pay for multiple immigration forms with one Form G-1450. You must pay for each immigration form separately—and send them to their direct filing addresses. 

What Happens to My Form G-1450 Once USCIS Processes?

USCIS destroys your Form G-1450 after they process your information.

Can I Pay DACA Renewal With a Credit Card?

Yes, you can pay your DACA renewal with a credit card. Pay for your Form I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, with Form G-1450. 

Note that where you currently live determines which USCIS lockbox you send your DACA renewal request to. Talk to your immigration attorney about filing your renewal and where to send your request.

Can I Pay USCIS Fees With a Credit Card?

Yes! You can pay all USCIS fees plus biometric fees with a credit card using Form G-1450unless you are filing for an H-1B or H-2A visa.

Can You Pay for Citizenship With a Credit Card?

Yes, you can! Apply for Form N-600, Certificate of Citizenship, or Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, with a credit card by using Form G-1450. 

We are also often asked the question: “What is the cost of becoming a U.S. citizen?” The typical fee for the naturalization process is $725. That is because you are paying the $640 Form N-400 application fee plus the biometrics service fee of $85. Note that if you pay with a credit card, you will fill out Form G-1450 for the entire $725.

If you do not have to pay the biometrics service fee because you are 75 years of age or older, you only have to pay the N-400, Application for Naturalization, fee of $640.

United States citizenship can lead to many advantages for people living in the U.S. If you are interested in citizenship, contact our immigration and naturalization attorneys today. 

Contact Experienced Immigration Attorneys Today

It’s always important to have guidance from a credible, experienced attorney who is looking out for your best interests. The immigration and naturalization attorneys at Scott D. Pollock & Associates, P.C. are here to make sure your forms are filled out correctly and you have the legal representation you need. 

Our firm’s immigration attorneys have over 70 years of combined experience. We know the ins and outs of immigration law and are here to support you on your path to starting life in the United States. 

Contact us by calling 312.444.1940 or fill out an online contact form today. We look forward to hearing from you. 

We're looking forward to hearing from you!